24 Jun 2019, 1:00PM
The call was published on
3 Jun 2019
i-Portunus is a small-scale mobility scheme and Creative Europe supported initiative. It is exploring how to best facilitate cross-border mobility for artists by providing support for 350-500 short-term (15-85 days), international mobilities of artists active in the fields of the performing or visual arts and residing in a Creative Europe country.
These mobilities must have a specific and well-defined objective, such as:
- to develop an international collaboration
- to engage in a production-oriented residency or in professional development,
- to present work in another country
- to develop projects with local communities in the destination country.
The destination of the mobility must be a Creative Europe country.
Results from this scheme will be key to shaping a new action in the next Creative Europe programme, which will run from 2021 to 2027.
i-Portunus provides financial support to help fund the cost of travel (transportation, accommodation etc.) to another Creative Europe country (or several of them in one trip).
This Call is the second of three calls to financially support the mobility of artists and culture professionals of all ages, nationalities, educational qualifications and levels of experience, legally residing in a country participating in the Creative Europe programme. A full list of participating countries can be found here.
The main objective must be one of the following:
- International collaborations: For example, you are working on a cultural production, such as an exhibition, a performance, a theatre piece, with an international partner.
- Production-oriented residencies: For example, the result of your mobility will be a public presentation of a newly created body of work - an exhibition, a performance, a publication, etc.
- Professional development: For example, you will take part in auditions, network meetings, showcases, workshops, master classes, and other types of training outside of formal education.
- Presentation: For example, you will present an exhibition, a performance, a theatre piece in the destination country.
- Cultural change: For example, you will work with local communities in the destination country to address cultural challenges.
The focus remains on two sectors:
- the Performing Arts (except music) and
- the Visual Arts
The call is open to group applications (up to 5 people) and segmented mobilities.
i-Portunus provides a fixed lump sum depending on the length of the mobility. The applicant is personally in charge of spending the mobility support to cover the expenses for his / her mobility (transport, accommodation, visa cost etc).
The level of support depends on the length of your mobility:
15 to 29 days: 1.500 euros
30 to 59 days: 2.400 euros
60 to 84 days: 3.000 euros
85-days (maximum length): 3.400 euros
- Applications must be submitted in English, using the on-line i-Portunus application form, by the deadline, 24 June.
- Applications must include all of the information requested in the application form and documents required.
- Applicants must be artists or culture professionals active in the fields of the visual or performing arts, at least 18 years old, and legal residents of a Creative Europe country.
- The destination of the mobility must be a Creative Europe country.
- The departure date must be on or after 15 June 2019; the return date on or before 31 December 2019. The total length of the mobility must be between 15 and 85 days (including travel days).
- The Applicant has not previously received i-Portunus mobility support.
To apply, visit my.i-portunus.eu to create an account and complete an application form in English. You need to complete the application form before the deadline indicated in ‘Timetable’ in the Call for Applications. After this deadline, you will not be able to modify your application.
Find more information on how to apply on the i-Portunus website.
Your travel must take place in 2019. The departure date must be on or after 15 June 2019; the return date on or before 31 December 2019. The total length of the mobility must be between 15 and 85 consecutive days (including travel days).
Between April and September 2019, i-Portunus will issue three Calls for Applications. This specific pilot programme only runs in 2019.